Air Defence Branch of Pakistan Air Force
The Air Defence Branch in the Pakistan Air Force (PAF) plays a crucial role in safeguarding the skies of Pakistan. As a part of this esteemed branch, you will be at the forefront of defending the nation against airborne threats. The Air Defence Branch offers a challenging and rewarding career path for individuals looking to serve their country and be a part of a highly skilled team.
If you are interested to join PAF in Air Defence branch, then We will explore the eligibility criteria, test pattern, and syllabus for those aspiring to join the Air Defence Branch on the basis of a Permanent Commission in the Pakistan Air Force.
Online Registration Dates for Air Defence Job in PAF
|Start Date of online Registration (Air Defence)||16 Aug, 2023|
|End Date of Online Registration (Air Defence)||24 Aug, 2023|
Eligibility Criteria of Air Defence Branch (PC)
To be eligible for the Air Defence Branch on a Permanent Commission in the PAF, aspiring candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Nationality: Only Pakistani citizens
- Gender: Only Male
- Age: 16 to 22 years of age at the time of application
- Height: 163 cm (5′ 4″) (See Required Weight HERE)
- Marital Status: Only unmarried
- Educational Qualifications: Candidates must have completed their Intermediate (FSc Pre-Engineering/ Pre-Medical/ Computer Science), A-Level with Maths, Physics & Biology/ Computer Science or FSc with Physics and with any other two subjects in Maths, Statistics, Computer Science and Biology or equivalent with a minimum of 60% marks.
It is important to note that these eligibility criteria are subject to change, and candidates are advised to visit the official PAF website for the most up-to-date and accurate information.
Selection Process in Air Defence Branch of PAF
Following given steps are involved in the selection of commissioned officer of Air Defence branch of PAF. Moreover, the subjects papers which are being taken in the initial tests of Air Defence given below.
- Step1: Online Registration through PAF Official Website
- Step2: Reporting Selection Centers with all necessary documents as written at the registration Slip
- Step3: Initial tests of Intelligence Tests, English Tests, and Physics Tests
- Step4: Pre-Medical at PAF Selection Center
- Step5: Pre-Interview at Selection Center
- Step6: Submission of ISSB Forms at Selection Center
- Step7: ISSB Tests at Kohat/ Malir/ Gujranwala
- Step8: Final CMB at PAF Base Lahore
- Step9: Final Merit List at Selection Center and Call Letter
Tests Pattern and Syllabus of Air Defence Branch
- Intelligence Tests
- Academic Tests
Verbal Intelligence Tests involve different types of statements, analogies, series questions, pattern questions, and also related to some general knowledge for diverting attention of the students who specially get training at different academies.
Related:- Recommended Book for Initial Tests
Tests Syllabus of Air Defence Branch in PAF
Students can join PAF after doing F.Sc who have secured more than or at least 60% marks in the final examination. Intermediate may be Pre-Engineering, Pre-Medical or in Computer Science. Students may also have Physics with at least two subjects in Statistics, Maths, Computer or Biology.
Students who have done O-Level with subject of Physics and Maths or Biology (O-Level in Five Subjects) can apply in commission through Air Defence branch. Prepare your tests as per following syllabus;
- Physics: Mechanics, Electricity and Magnetism, Waves and Optics, Thermal Properties of Matter, Thermodynamics, Thermodynamics, Behavior of Perfect Gases and Kinetic theory of Gases, Kinetic Theory, Oscillation & Waves, and Oscillations.
- Mathematics: Algebra, Trigonometry, Calculus, and Geometry, Statistics and Probability.
- English: Grammar, Synonyms & Antonyms, Parts of Speech, Comprehension, and Vocabulary.
- General Knowledge: Current Affairs, Pakistan Affairs, World Affairs, and Basic Science.
Related:- Requirement of Weight as Per Height
In Non-Verbal intelligence tests, different questions related to pictures having similarities, odd man out, coding and pattern type questions are involved. Some examples are given below.
In English paper, mostly questions are given related to the tenses, parts of speech, Direct and Indirect narration, active & passive voice, fill in the blanks, translations, and general fill in the blanks with some common sense questions which depend on the vocabulary of the English.
In the tests of physics paper, questions are related to the matric to intermediate level which include basic units, measurements, formulas, short numerical, definitions, laws and related equations.
Related:- Best Exercises to Solve Knee Knock Issue
Related:- PAF Information and Selection Centers
Tests Pattern and Detail of Questions with Passing Marks
What is pattern?, what are total questions?, what is passing percentage? in Air Defence branch tests of PAF, all detail is given below;
|Types of Tests||Total Questions||Total Time||Passing %age|
|Intelligence Test||100||40 Min||60%|
|English Test||75||35 Min||60%|
|Physics Test||50||20 Min||60%|
Related:- PAF Ranks and Salary
1. Verbal Intelligence Tests of PAF Air Defence Branch
Students often feel weak themselves in verbal intelligence tests which is now very easy to learn and pass the tests because undermentioned tests are the main source to learn in depth with all main points which come or given in the verbal intelligence tests. See all the tests then do the practice for getting high scores.
2. Non-Verbal Intelligence Tests of PAF Air Defence Branch
3. English Tests of PAF Air Defence Branch
Related:-Free Practice of English Tests
4. Physics Tests of PAF Air Defence Branch
Related:-Free Practice of Physics Tests