Army Law Officer through DSSC
Do you want to join Pakistan Army as a Legal Officer or an Army Law Officer? Have you done LLB/ LLM and want to start your professional career in well reputed organization?. The Pakistan Army offers an incredible opportunity for individuals aspiring to become Law Officers through the Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) program. This job provides an avenue for legal professionals to contribute their expertise to the armed forces and make a meaningful impact.
If you are interested to become an Army law Officer in Army JAG branch then see here about eligibility criteria, test pattern, test syllabus, selection method/ procedure, necessary documents, role and responsibilities in Pakistan Army.
- Start Date of Online Registration in Army Law Officer Jobs: 12 June, 2023
- Last Date of Online Registration in Army Law Officer Jobs: 30 June, 2023
Eligibility Criteria of an Army Law Officer
- Gender : Male (Married / Unmarried)
- Age: 28 Years (For Serving VASs of RV&FC 21-35 years)
- Qualification Criteria: LLB/ LLM or preference will be given to Ph.D holder. Minimum 60% marks in annual system or 2.5 CGPA in science subjects and 50% marks or 2.0 CGPA in Arts Subjects from HEC recognized university as a regular student. No 3rd Division is acceptable in the entire career of education. Those Candidates who are only graduated from HEC recognized universities or foreign universities will be considered. All educational certificates / degrees must be as a regular candidate.
- Must be member of Provincial Bar Council or at least must be Bar practicing member with 2 years experience.
Test Pattern & Syllabus of an Army Legal Branch Officer Jobs
Candidates who want to appear in the initial tests of Pak Army Law Officers through Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC), they are to pass the initial tests in the following subjects.
- Intelligence Tests (Total Questions: 100, Total Time: 40 Min, Passing Marks: 50%)
- Academic Tests (Total Questions: 75, Total Time: 35 Min, Passing Marks: 50%)
Syllabus of Law Subject for Written Exam
- Constitutional Law: Constitutional law is a fundamental subject that explores the structure, principles, and functioning of a country’s constitution.
- Contract Law: Contract law deals with the formation, interpretation, and enforcement of contracts.
- Criminal Law: Criminal law focuses on offenses against the state or society.
- Tort Law: Tort law covers civil wrongs or injuries caused to individuals or their property.
- Family Law: Family law deals with legal issues related to marriage, divorce, child custody, adoption, and inheritance. Students gain insights into personal and familial legal matters.
- Corporate Law: Corporate law examines the legal framework governing businesses and corporations. Topics include company formation, corporate governance, mergers and acquisitions, and securities regulation.
- Environmental Law: Environmental law addresses legal aspects of environmental protection and sustainability.
- International Law: International law covers legal principles governing relations between countries and international organizations.
- Intellectual Property Law: Intellectual property law focuses on the legal protection of intellectual creations, such as patents, copyrights, trademarks, and trade secrets.
- Human Rights Law: Human rights law examines the legal framework for safeguarding human rights and fundamental freedoms.
- Taxation Law: Taxation law delves into the legal aspects of taxation, including tax planning, tax liability, and tax compliance for individuals and businesses.
- Immigration Law: Immigration law deals with legal regulations related to the movement of people across borders.
Citizen of Pakistan and those candidates who have domicile of Azad Kashmir / Gilgit Baltistan can apply. Upon final selection, candidates with dual nationality will surrender nationalities other than Pakistani.
Physical Standards of Army Law Officer
Following physical tests are being conducted at Selection centers during selection process of Army Law Officers in Army Jag branch through DSSC (Direct Short Service Commission).
- 1.6 KM Running (Time: 09 Minutes)
- 10 Push ups (Time: 02 Minutes)
- 10 Sit Ups (Time: 02 Minutes)
- 02 Chin Ups (Time: 02 Minutes)
In-eligibility Conditions of Army Law Officer
Candidates who fall under the conditions they can not apply or ineligible for Army Law Officer job through Direct Short Service Commission.
- Twice “Not Recommended” by ISSB
- Permanently declared UNFIT by Appeal Medical Board / CMH/ MH/ AHQ or NHQ.
- Declared medically unfit due to Hepatitis B & C
- Declared unfit by any Armed Forces Hospital except those cleared by Appeal Medical Board.
- Only Unfit candidates of PAF who have applied for flying (GD Pilot tests) can apply for ground branches)
- If Tested within four months (120 days) gap of previous appearance in ISSB except candidates granted waiver by DGPA. However, bar of 120 days will not be applicable to candidates appearing in post Graduate GHQ / NHQ/ AHQ based selection board.
- Dismissed/ Debarred/ Removed or withdrawn by any Government Academy / Training Institution
- Convicted in a Court of law in Criminal Proceedings.
Registration and Selection Procedure of Army Law Officer
If you want to apply for Army Law Officer in JAG branch then you will have to follow the official registration dates in which you will apply at Pak Army Official website joinpakarmy.com and then you can proceed for further selection process. Following steps are involved in the selection pattern;
- Step-1: Online Registration at Pak Army Official Website
- Step-2: Visit Selection center as per designated date of test and time which will be written on registration slip. (Normally, date is being assigned just after 48 hrs of the online registration)
- Step-3: Initial Medical Checkup at Selection Center
- Step-4: Basic Interview
- Step-5: Psychological Tests
- Step-6: Final Interview in front of GHQ Board
- Step-7: Final Medical from any CMH / MH
- Step-8: Final Call Letter and reporting to PMA Kakul
Role and Responsibilities of Army Law Officer
Law Officers offer legal counsel to commanding officers, ensuring that military actions and decisions adhere to legal standards and regulations.
Military Court Proceedings
Law Officers are responsible for conducting military court proceedings, ensuring fair trials and just outcomes for all involved parties.
Law Officers play a crucial role in disciplinary actions, ensuring that violations of military law are addressed appropriately.
Documents Required for Army Law Officer
- All Educational Certificates with Detailed mark Sheets/ Transcripts (Photocopies must be attested)
- NOC (no Objection Certificate) if candidate is serving in any Government/ Semi-Govt Organisation)
- Attested photo copy of domicile
- Photocopies of computerized National Identity
- 06 x colored photos duly attested (Front & Back)
- Cross postal order of Rs. 100.00 in favor of Director General Personnel Administration (DGPA), General Headquarters (GHQ) Rawalpindi.
- Educational Degrees must be attested and Verified by HEC/ PEC
Benefits of Pak Army Law Officer Professional Career
Competitive Salary and Perks
Law Officers receive a competitive salary package along with various perks, making this role financially rewarding.
The Pakistan Army offers ample opportunities for career growth and advancement, allowing Law Officers to climb the ranks based on their performance and dedication.
Contributing to National Security
As a Law Officer, you contribute directly to national security by upholding legal standards within the military and ensuring the maintenance of discipline and justice.