ISSB Interview Questions
Are you preparing for an ISSB interview and looking for helpful resources? We provide the best collection of ISSB interview questions that are carefully crafted to help you prepare effectively. These questions cover a wide range of topics, including leadership, problem-solving, decision-making, teamwork, physical fitness, and current affairs, among others.
The interview is the final stage of the ISSB interview process. It is a one-on-one interview with an experienced interviewer who assesses a candidate’s personality, attitude, and motivation. The ISSB interview process is a comprehensive evaluation of a candidate’s personality, intelligence, and physical abilities.
By using this Platform of Pak Shaheens, you will have access to the most comprehensive and relevant ISSB interview questions that will enable you to gain a deep understanding of what to expect during the interview.
What is ISSB interview process?
The ISSB interview is a crucial part of the ISSB process for officer commissioning in the Pakistani armed forces. It is designed to evaluate a candidate’s personality, communication skills, and overall fitness for military service. The interview is conducted by a panel of officers who ask questions related to the candidate’s background, education, interests, and views on current events.
It is important for candidates to prepare for the ISSB interview questions by studying current affairs, improving their communication skills, and developing a positive attitude. The interview process also includes a medical examination and a physical fitness test to ensure that candidates are physically capable of serving in the military.
Types of Interview Questions Being Asked in ISSB
One of the most critical components of the ISSB interview process is the types of interview questions asked during the interview. Here are the different types of interview questions being asked in ISSB:
Personal Interview questions These are questions that focus on the candidate’s personal life, such as their family, hobbies, interests, and aspirations. The aim of personal questions is to assess the candidate’s character, values, and personal traits.
Academic Interview questions: These are questions that test the candidate’s academic knowledge, including their educational background and achievements. The interviewer may ask about the candidate’s favorite subject, academic strengths, and weaknesses.
Military knowledge Interview questions: These are questions that test the candidate’s knowledge of military history, rules, and regulations. The interviewer may ask about the candidate’s understanding of the military’s role in society, its values, and its traditions.
Current affairs questions: These are questions that test the candidate’s knowledge of current events and the geopolitical situation in the world. The interviewer may ask about national and international news, political affairs, and socio-economic issues.
Situational Interview questions: These are questions that test the candidate’s ability to handle situations that require quick thinking and decision-making. The interviewer may ask about hypothetical scenarios and how the candidate would react in those situations.
Psychological Interview questions: These are questions that test the candidate’s emotional stability and mental strength. The interviewer may ask about the candidate’s attitude towards stress, coping mechanisms, and emotional intelligence.
Related: Past Papers of Pak Army Tests
Pre-Interview Questions Preparation for ISSB
- Research About ISSB: Interview Before appearing for the interview, it’s essential to have a clear understanding of what the ISSB interview is all about. Conduct thorough research about the process, the type of questions that can be asked, and the criteria used for selection.
- Mock Interviews: One of the best ways to prepare for an interview is to practice. Take part in mock interviews to simulate the actual interview and get comfortable with the process. It will also help you identify your weaknesses and areas that need improvement.
- Dress Code and Grooming: First impressions matter, and your attire and grooming can significantly impact how you’re perceived during the interview. Dress appropriately in a formal outfit that’s clean and well-pressed. Pay attention to personal grooming, such as hair, nails, and hygiene.
- Physical Fitness: As a prospective member of the armed forces, physical fitness is of utmost importance. Maintain a healthy lifestyle by exercising regularly and eating a balanced diet. Ensure you’re in good shape before appearing for the interview.
Most Repeated Interview Questions in ISSB
- What inspired you to join the Pakistan Army?
- What is your biggest strength?
- How do you handle stress and pressure?
- What is your biggest weakness?
- How do you prioritize your tasks?
- What is your long-term career goal?
- What do you know about the Pakistan Army?
- How would you describe your leadership style?
- What qualities do you think are necessary for an army officer?
- What challenges do you think you will face as an army officer?
- How do you handle conflict resolution?
- What is your opinion on discipline in the military?
- What are your thoughts on teamwork?
- How do you motivate yourself and others?
- What is your approach to problem-solving?
- How do you stay organized?
- What do you think are the biggest threats to national security?
- How would you handle a subordinate who is not performing well?
- How do you stay up-to-date on current affairs?
- How do you maintain physical fitness?
- What is your opinion on the role of technology in the military?
- How would you handle a situation where you disagree with your superior’s decision?
- How do you manage your time effectively?
- What is your approach to decision-making?
- What is your opinion on the use of force in resolving conflicts?
- How do you handle criticism?
- How do you handle failure?
- What is your opinion on the use of intelligence in military operations?
- How do you handle ambiguity?
- How do you ensure accuracy in your work?
- What are your thoughts on loyalty in the military?
- How do you handle confidential information?
- How do you maintain a work-life balance?
- What is your opinion on the role of women in the military?
- How do you handle difficult people?
- What do you think is the most important quality for a leader to have?
- What do you think is the biggest challenge facing the Pakistan Army?
- How do you handle ethical dilemmas?
- What do you think is the role of the military in society?
- How do you handle cultural differences?
- How do you handle change?
- What is your opinion on the use of drones in military operations?
- How do you handle unexpected situations?
- What is your opinion on the role of education in the military?
- What do you think is the biggest misconception about the military?
- How do you handle tight deadlines?
- How do you handle the pressure of making life-and-death decisions?
- What do you think is the role of communication in the military?
- How do you handle a situation where your values conflict with your duties?
- What is your opinion on the use of propaganda in military operations?
Best Tips to Prepare ISSB Interview Questions
Preparing for the ISSB interview process can increase your chances of success. Here are some tips that can help you prepare for the interview process:
1. Practice Your Physical Fitness
Physical fitness is an essential part of the ISSB interview process. Practice your physical fitness by exercising regularly, running, and doing push-ups and sit-ups.
2. Brush up on Your General Knowledge
The screening test evaluates your general knowledge. Brush up on your general knowledge by reading newspapers, watching the news, and browsing the internet.
3. Work on Your Communication Skills
The psychological test and interview assess your communication skills. Work on your communication skills by practicing public speaking, participating in group discussions, and reading books.
4. Develop a Positive Attitude
A positive attitude is crucial for success in the ISSB interview process. Develop a positive attitude by thinking positively, staying motivated, and maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
Mostly Asked Situational Reaction Tests
The Situational Reaction Test (SRT) is an essential part of the Inter Services Selection Board (ISSB) selection process for officer commissioning in the Pakistani armed forces. The SRT is designed to evaluate a candidate’s decision-making skills, judgment, and reaction to situational scenarios that are likely to occur during military service.
Here are the most commonly asked situational reaction interview questions in ISSB:
- Scenario 1: You are leading a group of soldiers through a jungle, and you come across a wounded enemy soldier. What would you do?
- Scenario 2: You are on a mission to secure a building. While inside, you hear a loud explosion and gunfire. What would you do?
- Scenario 3: You are on a training exercise, and one of your team members falls and injures themselves. What would you do?
- Scenario 4: You are in charge of a military convoy, and you come across a civilian vehicle that has broken down on the side of the road. What would you do?
- Scenario 5: You are on patrol, and you notice suspicious activity in a nearby building. What would you do?
- Scenario 6: You are in a hostile area, and you come under enemy fire. What would you do?
Some tips for preparing for the SRT are:
- Researching the SRT and the types of scenarios given
- Practicing decision-making skills through mock scenarios
- Studying military tactics and strategies
- Developing a positive and confident attitude
- Learning to stay calm and composed under pressure
General ISSB Interview Tips to Ponder (Do’s and Don’ts)
“Do” During the Interview
- Be Punctual
- Be Confident
- Be Truthful
- Be Polite
- Be Attentive
“Don’ts” During the Interview
- Don’t Lie
- Don’t Argue
- Don’t be Rude
- Don’t be Arrogant
- Don’t be Overconfident
Q1. What is ISSB?
ISSB stands for Inter Services Selection Board. It is responsible for the selection of candidates for officer commissioning in the armed forces of Pakistan.
Q2. How long is the ISSB interview questions process?
The ISSB interview process takes around 4-5 days to complete.
Q3. What is the passing criteria for the ISSB interview process?
The passing criteria for the ISSB interview process are not disclosed by the board.
Q4. Can females apply for ISSB?
Yes, females can apply for ISSB. If females apply for LCC, Education Officers, or in logistics branch of PAF or Navy then they have to clear ISSB tests.