Are you a devoted candidate seeking to put your efforts for religion with a remarkable career? There is a great news for the candidates who have completed their education in religious background can apply for PAF Religious Officers cadre. Now candidates can apply in Pakistan Air Force as an Officer in Religious Branch through SPSSC (Special Purpose Short Service Commission).
As a PAF Religious Officer, you will be the guiding light, providing spiritual nourishment and unwavering support to our dedicated personnel. Embrace this golden opportunity to serve your country while fostering discipline, morale, and ethical values within the PAF.
Selection process for Officers in Religious branch is comprehensive, in which a candidate must have Bachelor’s degree in Islamic Studies, Arabic, or a relevant religious field. He must have 8 years education of religious education. Don’t miss your chance to make a profound impact on the lives of brave servicemen. Join PAF on this extraordinary journey and soar with pride as a PAF Religious Officer! Apply now and take the first step towards an inspiring and fulfilling career.
If you are interested to apply in PAF Religious branch and fulfil the criteria then see what is the role and task of religious officer in religious branch of PAF, eligibility criteria, test subjects of initial academic tests, and syllabus of academic subjects.
- Start Date of Online Registration for Religious Officers in PAF = 16 Aug, 2023
- Last Date of Online Registration for Religious Officers in PAF = 24 Aug, 2023
Eligibility Criteria of PAF Religious Branch Officers
If you want to become an Officer in PAF Religious Branch then you must fulfill the following basic criteria during online registration in PAF Education branch.
- Educational Qualifications: Must have MA Islamic Studies with Takhassus from Jamia Islamia Bahawalpur will be considered as equivalent to MA Islamiyah. Farigh / Fazil Dars-e-Nizami (Shahadat-ul-Alamia) from any recognized Madrassa/ Board of Pakistan. The candidate must hold a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Islamic Studies, Arabic, or any other relevant religious field, from a recognized university.
- Age Limit: The age of the applicant should fall within the prescribed limits set by the PAF. Generally, the age requirement is between 21 to 35 years.
- Marital Status: Male candidates may be married / unmarried at the time of application.
- Physical Fitness: All candidates must meet the required physical and medical fitness standards set by the PAF. Height must be at least 163 cm (5′ 5″).
- Citizenship: The candidate must be a Pakistani citizen.
- Training Duration: 06 Months at PAF Academy, Risalpur
- Current Advertisement of Aug, 2023 is given below;
Selection Process of PAF Religious Branch Officers
The selection process to become a PAF Religious Officer is rigorous and comprehensive. It is designed to identify candidates who not only possess the necessary educational qualifications but also exemplify the traits of a strong leader with an unwavering commitment to their religious duties by performing duties in religious branch of PAF.
- Initial Application: The interested candidates must first apply online through the PAF official website (joinpaf.gov.pk) during the designated online application registration period.
- Intelligence Test: After online registration, this is first test which is to be qualified by the candidates. Shortlisted candidates will be required to undergo an intelligence test to assess their cognitive abilities.
- Academic Test: After clearing Intelligence test, candidate will have to appear in the academic test for evaluation of the candidates’ knowledge and understanding of religious subjects.
- Initial Interview: Successful candidates from the academic test will be called for an initial interview, where their suitability for the role will be assessed by a panel of experts.
- Psychological Assessment: After process of initial interview, Candidates will undergo a psychological assessment to gauge their mental and emotional suitability for the position. Tests include in Psychological Assessment are Filling Bio Data Form, Urdu Sentence Completion Test, English Sentence Completion Test, Picture Story, Pointer Story, Words Association Tests (WAT) and Essay writing.
- Medical Examination: A thorough medical examination will be conducted to ensure the candidates meet the required medical standards. (General Medical Test examination have, Eyesight, Teeth, Arm Angle, Leg Angle, Body Spots, Major Injuries, Serious Disease in the Past, Flat Foot, Colour Blindness, Height, and General Body Examination.
- Final Interview: Shortlisted candidates will face a final interview with higher-ranking officials of AHQ to determine their final selection in PAF Religious Branch.
- Training: Once selected, the candidates will undergo specialized training to prepare them for their roles as PAF Religious Officers at PAF Academy Risalpur for the period of 06 months.
Test Pattern of PAF Religious Branch Officers
The initial tests consist of intelligence and academic assessments. The intelligence test assesses the candidate’s logical reasoning, problem-solving abilities, and general mental aptitude. The academic test evaluates their knowledge of religious subjects and relevant fields. Detail of Tests is given below;
- Intelligence Test (Total Questions= 100, Total Time=40 min, Pass Marks=50%)
- Academic Tests (Total Questions= 75, Total Time=35 Min, Pass Marks=50%)
Subjects Syllabus of PAF Religious Branch Officers
Syllabus include multiple topics for academic tests to apply in religious branch of PAF which have been given below;
- Arabic Language/ Grammar serves as the cornerstone, enabling a profound understanding of religious texts. Al-Nahw al Wadhih or Hidayat-un-Nahw
- Quranic Studies focuses on the beautiful recitation (Tajweed) and comprehension of the Quran, complemented by studying its exegesis (Tafsir) and memorizing selected portions.
- Hadith Sciences delve into the sayings and actions of Prophet Muhammad, with students mastering the principles of Hadith criticism and interpretation.
- Fiqh (Jurisprudence) delves into Islamic laws and their practical application, derived from primary sources like the Quran and Hadith.
- Usul al-Fiqh (Principles of Jurisprudence) explores the theoretical foundations of Islamic law, including sources and methods of interpretation.
- Aqeedah (Creed) engages students in Islamic theology, contemplating the oneness of God, prophethood, and belief in the unseen.
- Islamic History recounts the development of Islam, lives of significant figures, and the growth of Islamic civilization.
- Logic and Philosophy foster critical thinking skills within an Islamic framework, while Arabic Literature and Poetry enrich students with classical literary works and eloquent expression.
- Sufism and Spirituality explore the spiritual aspect of Islam, including teachings of Sufi masters and practices for spiritual purification.
- Contemporary Issues address modern challenges relevant to the Muslim community, such as ethics, social concerns, and Islamic responses to contemporary developments.
- Moreover, syllabus includes; historical study of Islam, Islamic civilization, history of the Muslim world, historiography, Islamic law, Islamic theology, Islamic philosophy, Holy Book (Usool-e-Tafseer), and Hadith Literature.
- The Holy Quran: Recitation with Tajweed and Translation out of entire Holy Quran
- Tafaseer : Tafseer Jalalain and Tafseer Baidhavi
- Seerah of the Holy Prophet (peace be upon him) and History of 04 Caliphs (Hazrat Abu Bakr, Hazrat Umar, Hazrat Usman and Hazrat Ali RA)
- Islam and the modern thought in the light of Shah Waliullah’s Hujjatullah Al Baligha
- Usool-al-Hadith : Nukhbatul-Fikar, Islamic Jurisprudence: Al Hidayah, Usool-al-Fiqh: Usool al Shashi
- Hadith : Basic knowledge about six authentic books of Hadith (Sihah-e-Sitta)
Role & Task of PAF Religious Branch Officers
PAF Religious Branch Officers play a crucial role in providing spiritual guidance and support to the personnel serving in the Pakistan Air Force. Their responsibilities encompass a wide range of duties, including:
- Religious Services: Conducting religious ceremonies, leading prayers, and offering religious counseling to PAF personnel.
- Morale and Ethics: Assisting in fostering a sense of discipline, morale, and ethical values within the PAF.
- Training and Education: Delivering lectures and religious education sessions to enhance the understanding of Islamic principles among PAF personnel.
- Crisis Support: Providing support during times of emotional or psychological stress and offering counseling to individuals or groups as needed.
- Community Engagement: Facilitating and participating in community engagement initiatives to promote goodwill and understanding between the PAF and civilian population.
- Promoting Values: Emphasizing the importance of integrity, honesty, and commitment to duty among the personnel.
- Interfaith Relations: Promoting interfaith harmony and understanding within the diverse PAF community.