Introduction about SSRC
The Pakistan Army has recently announced vacancies for the positions of Captain and Major, inviting candidates who aspire to serve in the medical departments through the Short Service Regular Commission (SSRC). This opportunity is exclusively available for male applicants who are keen on joining the esteemed ranks of the Pak Army.
To apply for these positions, interested individuals can conveniently register online at official website of Pak Army. Embracing the role of a doctor, one can embark on a fulfilling journey by becoming a part of the Pak Army.
Applicants must possess an MBBS degree from a recognized institution approved by the Pakistan Dental and Medical Council. Additionally, candidates are required to meet the physical standards set forth by the Pakistan Army.
- Start Date of Online Registration in SSRC of Pak Army: 09 Jan, 2023
- End Date of Online Registration in SSRC of Pak Army: 31 Jan, 2023
Following the completion of the MBBS degree, the Army Medical Corps School & Centre Abbottabad offers a comprehensive 22-week Basic Military Training (BMT) program. Successful completion of this training paves the way for the induction of candidates into the Military through the Short Service Regular Commissions (SSRC), overseen by the GHQ PA Directorate.
For those aspiring to join the Pakistan Army as doctors, recruitment will take place through the Short Service Regular Commission (SSRC) or Pakistan Temporary Commission (PTC) program. Doctors selected for this program will be designated with the ranks of Majors or Captains.
Seize the golden chance to join the Pakistan Army at the officer level. The registration process will commence on 9th January 2023, and aspiring individuals can apply until the closing date of 31st January 2023 to join the esteemed ranks of the Pak Army as doctors. Don’t let this opportunity slip away!
SSRC Tests Pattern | Syllabus & PDF Notes
SSRC Test Pattern: Following pattern of tests in SSRC is being followed in the initial tests of Pak Army.
|Subjects of Initial Tests||Total Questions||Time Allocated||Pass Percentage|
|Intelligence Tests||100||40 Min||50%|
|Academic Tests||100||40 Min||50%|
SSRC Test Syllabus: If you are appearing for initial tests in army jobs and the syllabus includes subjects such as Basic Biology, Physiology, Pharmacology, Pathology, Oral Histology, Oral Pathology & Medicine, General Anatomy, Oral Anatomy, Biochemistry, Microbiology, and Dental Material, here is a breakdown of important topics within each subject area:
- Basic Biology:
- Cell structure and function
- Classification of living organisms
- Plant and animal tissues
- Photosynthesis and respiration
- Reproduction and genetics
- Nervous system
- Circulatory system
- Respiratory system
- Digestive system
- Endocrine system
- Renal system
- Introduction to pharmacology
- Drug classification and action
- Drug administration and dosage
- Adverse drug reactions and side effects
- General principles of pathology
- Inflammation and repair
- Infectious diseases
- Neoplasms (tumors)
- Diseases of specific organ systems
- Oral Histology:
- Structure and function of oral tissues
- Tooth development and eruption
- Histology of the oral mucosa
- Salivary glands and their histology
- Oral Pathology & Medicine:
- Oral manifestations of systemic diseases
- Oral infections and inflammations
- Oral cancer and precancerous conditions
- Oral mucosal lesions and disorders
- General Anatomy:
- Skeletal system
- Muscular system
- Nervous system
- Cardiovascular system
- Respiratory system
- Oral Anatomy:
- Tooth morphology and numbering systems
- Structure and development of teeth
- Supporting structures of the oral cavity
- Occlusion and malocclusion
- Biomolecules (carbohydrates, proteins, lipids, nucleic acids)
- Enzymes and their functions
- Metabolism and energy production
- Biochemical techniques and laboratory procedures
- Microbial classification and identification
- Bacterial structure and function
- Microbial growth and control
- Viruses, fungi, and parasites
- Immunology and host defense mechanisms
- Dental Materials:
- Properties and classification of dental materials
- Dental amalgam
- Composite resins
- Dental ceramics
- Impression materials
This is a general outline of important topics within each subject. It’s recommended to refer to textbooks, study guides, and relevant course materials to study these subjects comprehensively for your army job tests. Additionally, consult the official sources or contact the recruitment authorities for the most accurate and updated information regarding the syllabus for the specific army job you are applying for, as the syllabus may vary.
Selection Process in SSRC
The selection process for the SSRC program is rigorous and designed to assess the candidates’ aptitude, physical fitness, and mental capabilities. The process generally consists of the following stages:
- Online Registration: Candidates must first register themselves online through the official Pakistan Army website. They will be required to provide their personal information and academic details.
- Initial Written Test: After successful registration, candidates will be called for an initial written test. This test assesses their knowledge in areas such as Intelligence Tests and Academic Test in which only subjects and field related questions are concerned.
- Physical Test: Qualified candidates will then undergo a physical test, which includes various physical fitness exercises such as running, push-ups, sit-ups, and chin-ups.
- Medical Examination: Candidates who pass the physical test will undergo a comprehensive medical examination to ensure they meet the required health standards.
- Interviews: Shortlisted candidates will be called for interviews conducted by a panel of senior officers. The interviews aim to assess the candidates’ suitability for a career in the Pakistan Army.
- Final Selection: Based on the candidates’ performance in all the previous stages, a final selection list will be prepared, and successful candidates will be offered a commission in the Pakistan Army.
Required Necessary Documents of SSRC
To apply for the Pakistan Army as a doctor, the following documents are required:
- Certificates/Detailed mark sheets: Submit original certificates/degrees/diplomas along with two attested photocopies for each educational qualification.
- Registration certificates of PM&DC: PTC officers, specialists, and GDMOs must provide two photocopies of their PM&DC registration certificates.
- House job certificate: If you have completed your house job, submit an attested photocopy of the certificate.
- No Objection Certificates (NOC): Candidates currently serving in government institutions/departments must provide NOCs.
- Domicile: Submit an attested photocopy of your domicile.
- Computerized National Identity Card (CNIC): Provide a photocopy of your CNIC.
- Colored Photos: Include three colored photos (front and back), duly attested.
- Postal Order: Obtain a crossed postal order worth Rs.100.00 payable to DGPA, General Headquarters Rawalpindi.
- Application Forms: Ensure that all requested information is accurately filled in the application forms provided by AS&RC. Leave no columns blank.
Note: Only the new National Identity Cards will be accepted; old ones will not be considered valid.